Wednesday, July 10, 2013

July 8 and July 9, 2013 - violin lesson, Chinese phonetics, and cars

July 8, 2013:

Today I went to my violin lesson and learned a new piece called, "Meditation from Thais" by Jules Massenet.  It is a gentle, slow piece that you would like.  My teacher gave it to me to work on my tone.

After my lesson I learned Chinese phonetics with my mom and grandma.  It is similar to the English alphabet and there are 37 sounds.  I can now read words with the help of these phonetic symbols.



July 9, 2013:

Today we dropped my dad at the train station to go meet some people.  Then my grandpa, mom, Darren, and I went to look for used cars.  We saw a Toyota Previa that was way too expensive -- 1.4 million New Taiwan Dollars (divide by 30 to get to American dollars).  We also saw a Toyota Wish which is the car we rented when we went to Taipei a couple weeks ago.  The Toyota Wish has room for five but then you can pop up two more in the trunk to give you seven seats total.  The price was much better and I think it is a nice car.

I also learned more Chinese and got up to page 50 in my book. 

1 comment:

  1. Aimee, you will be teaching your awesome dad Chinese very soon. He's going to need your help preparing for his new job. I can't think of a better teacher for him, unless it's your elegant
    mother. Mr. Gene, Woody and I are very proud of you and your family. You are all making the most of your summer vacation. It's going to be easy for you to move back there in August. But we're not happy about giving you up. Regardless, we want happiness and goodness for each of you. Hugs, Mrs. Dotty

    ReplyDelete