Monday, June 3, 2013

Day 3 - Dumplings at Din Tai Fung!



So, Day three. Bro woke me up at 6:00, or at least tried to. Then at 6:20 I changed clothes and went downstairs to eat breakfast. Then I practiced violin- mostly scales and after that, we went to a really big mall for lunch at Din Tai Fung, and had different kinds of dumplings. We saw “dumpling makers” make the dumplings.  At the mall, we bought some jam that can change into tea if you add water. Then we went to the top of the mall and looked down at the city. When we were heading home, we stopped by to go in a bike shop for my awesome dad. They didn’t have a very good selection so my splendid mom got him out of the bike shop. So we came back and ate dinner –cold noodles and headed out to Darren’s cello lesson. Darren’s teacher doesn’t speak much English so that makes it kind of interesting. I am writing this during Darren’s cello lesson so I don’t have anything else to say. Lots of mosquitos here so I like to electrocute (fry) them with a mosquito tennis racket.

With the Din Tai Fung mascot

Dumplings with my grandma

Dumplings stuffed with sticky rice

View from the top floor of the mall




at Darren's cello lesson
Practicing my forehand with the mosquito zapper

2 comments:

  1. Okay, that jam that turns into tea sounds very interesting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's rose petal jam from Bulgaria. Very delicious.

      Delete