Friday, June 14, 2013

June 14, 2013 - lunch with aunt and Ray Chen concert

Today I slept till 10:00 because I went to sleep at 12:00 last night. Before I woke up, my aunt came to visit us. She hadn't seen my grandma in thirty years. I had a small breakfast and then soon after, we went to lunch at Din Tai Fung.  At Din Tai Fung we ate juicy dumplings.  Afterwards we went to another mall and tried jelly with taro.  Then we went back home and we played our instruments for our aunt.

We changed clothes to get ready for the concert featuring Ray Chen.  My violin teacher is the concertmaster of the orchestra.  My mom called a taxi, but then that taxi was too far away, so that taxi called another taxi and we had to wait and wait and wait.  When the taxi finally came, he drove us to the wrong concert hall, but we didn't realize until we were walking up the ramp to the hall.  So we walked back to the road and called another taxi, so that taxi took us to the right place.  We got there just in time to see the orchestra tuning.  When the concert started, they played a Sibelius orchestra piece.  I liked the 7th part of that piece, which is called Zwischenaktsmusik.  Then Ray Chen played the Bruch violin concerto in G minor.  I played the third movement of that concerto at my last recital in May.  It was good for me to hear a different person play the Bruch.  After the concert we went to the edge of the road and my mom called the same taxi that brought us to wrong place.  The taxi driver gave us a discount because he drove us to the wrong place before.  When we got home we ate more jelly dessert and that's where I am now.

Good night, for me at least!

My aunt came to visit









The Cloudy Cupcake's desserts



The Cloudy Cupcake?




My aunt brought us super famous bread from Pasadena Bakery


I wanted to sample the Godiva drink, so Dad helped me.

Waiting and waiting for the taxi before the concert

Enjoying the concert

2 comments:

  1. The end of the year party was so-so. I really didn't like the movie we watched, Home Alone 2. The popcorn wasn't buttered or plain; the only option was popcorn dusted with cheese. We got to eat our snacks, too. I mostly ate my snack.

    ReplyDelete