Saturday, June 8, 2013

June 7, 2013, Day 7 - last day at Chinese school



Today I woke up at about 6:10 and woke Darren up. Then we went downstairs to eat breakfast. After breakfast, we drove to school. When we got there, the kids were so happy to see us again. As soon as I sat down at my desk, the kids started giving us cards for when we leave. When they were done giving us cards, we had a P.E. class. We started running laps and everybody said I was really fast. After the laps, the P.E. teacher set up three cones on a bench and we had to knock them down with a baseball. I got all three cones down on every turn. Then my splendid mom and my awesome dad treated all of us to flavored ice bars and Yakult. Then the kids recited a play in pairs and our teacher videotaped them. After the recitations, we had recess and my friends took me on a tour of the school. Then the bell rang and we went back to class. Then we had a math class. I didn’t like it because it was too easy. After the math class, there was a ceramic flute class. I accompanied them on the violin.  When the flute class was finished, we had lunch. After lunch, Darren and I played a duet together and then we broke off and played our solos from the last concert. After our solos, it was time to go. I hugged all the girls and they sort of squeezed me. When most of them left, us with my teacher went out to get shaved ice. I got mangoes on top of mine. The mangoes are really sweet and have not many fibers here. Then we went back to the school to say thank you to the principal and the administrators for letting us stay at the school. After that, we went to the classroom and we played with the magnets to make a message.While we were making the message, I found two of my friends outside of the classroom and we started drawing things on the blackboard. Then we started driving around the town to find an old school, but we couldn't find parking so we went to a bike store instead. I found a bike that I liked and my dad considered buying it. Then we went to dinner with my teacher and my teacher's family. We had YELLOW WATERMELON! After dinner we went to my teacher's house and watched cartoons with her son. When we got back home it was very late so we went to sleep right away.

farewell cards from the students

P.E. class

Recess time

Duet with Darren for the class

Farewell hugs

Farewell hugs

Mango shaved ice

School principal and administrators

Sandy and me

Yellow watermelon!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Aimee,

    I like your blog. Sounds like you're having a GREAT time. We have Din Tai Fung in Bellevue and it's my favorite place!

    Sophie H.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the xiao long bao. How is it in Bellevue? Maybe we can Skype? My username is violinscooter.

      Delete
  2. Hi Aimee,

    I finally logged into my old blog so I could comment back to you. You and Darrin are having too much fun! Say hi to your mom and dad!

    ReplyDelete