Saturday, June 1, 2013

First day in Taiwan

Ok, first day in Taiwan
We arrived there at about 5:40 a.m  after the 14 hour flight. A guy picked us up in his Volkswagon van and drove us to my grandparent's house (don't know his name). My grandparents had a bunk bed sort of thing (used to be my mom and my aunt's room) and Darren and I had fun playing on it.  Outside was hot Hot HOt HOT and humid. Since it was so hot, I took a shower with very cold water. After that, we went to a roasted duck place (and no, it is not a roasted place that sold ducks). Then we walked  to a cell phone store and played Candy Crush and Temple Run while my mom was getting a cell phone SIM card. Then we walked the opposite direction to a place that sold shaved ice (not just the ice cubes). The ice we ordered had boba (black tapioca balls), chewy rice balls, and grass jelly, shredded ice, syrup, and sweet condensed milk. Really good. You got to try it. Don't protest, because you'll like it. When we were walking back, we saw at least 70 motorized scooters. Later on, we went to a supermart that was like IKEA, Walmart, Vons, and Ralphs all combined. The whole supermart had five floors and each floor had a moving ramp to get up to the next level. While we were there, we ate 32 plates of sushi at a revolting (I mean revolving) sushi bar. Tasty. Then we went home, took another shower and went to bed at 9 pm..... We conquered the jet lag. 
At the airport in Taiwan

The duck place

Yummy ice

SUSHI!

No comments:

Post a Comment